Monday, 5 January 2015

Extreme Cold Warning

The Arctic has sent frigid winds our way and this morning at 8 a.m. the temperature was a cool -30C with a wind chill of -41C. When I opened my curtains to let the sunshine in, I discovered a nice collection of ice at the bottoms of my windows. Inside the windows, not outside, as you may have expected. (I hope everyone here plugged in their car block heaters last night.)


Well, it is an improvement over last winter, as the deep freeze set in during December 2013 and didn't let up until April 2014, if I recall correctly. This winter has had it's ups and downs so far, temperature wise. I just wish it wouldn't get warm enough to rain during the winter as it always turns into ice, and that's just not fun to walk around on, especially if it snows over top. Then you can't see where the ice is and if it's powdery snow, it is very slippery and treacherous to walk on.


Ah, the joys of winter in Canada. Of course, I am in the south compared to most of the country. I don't think I could handle being farther north. ha ha For Ontario, however I am considered to be in the northwest. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment