Friday, 13 June 2014

Ombre Hair Update

Well, as you can see the Splat hair colour has faded horribly. I have to be honest, the stuff is a nightmare, at least the Lusty Lavender colour I used is. Every time my hair got wet, even in the rain, the dye ran out of it. It continued to fade constantly and I followed the instruction that said this colour would last much longer than it has. In my opinion Splat hair colour is a waste of money. It is awful to work with and doesn't last.

Luckily, my son's friend Jesalynn bought me other purple hair dye, that I had kept to replenish this look after it had faded. I just wasn't expecting to have to use it so soon. She bought me Manic Panic in Electric Amethyst! What difference in hair colouring! Compared to Splat this Manic Panic is a joy to work with. It went on nicely and the end resulting colour is far superior!

I think I should have applied more of the dye to my hair, but I'm a cheapskate and wanted to get more than use out of the dye. ;-) Manic Panic wasn't as thin and runny as the Splat was when applying it, so that was much nicer to work with. The colour I ended up with was actually purple, not a bright pink as it had been with the Splat. I have also found the Manic Panic doesn't run every time it gets wet either.
So, if you are looking to dye your hair a funky colour, I would personally recommend using the Manic Panic rather than the Splat.

No comments:

Post a Comment