Friday, 13 December 2013

The Royal Bank Stole My Baby's Money

This is absolutely true. The Royal Bank of Canada at Concession & Summit 555 Concession St, Hamilton stole my son's money. 

When my son was born, some people sent him money for a gift. I opened a child's bank account with the above branch of the Royal Bank. When he got money for Christmas I put it into that account. My goal was to save all the money that he would get throughout his life, to help pay for his post-secondary education. 

When my son was 5 1/2 months old, his father left us, saying,"I never wanted to be a father." I then struggled as a single mother on welfare, but still I saved as much money as I could for my son and put it into his Royal Bank children's account. 

When his first birthday came, I put all the money he got into that account. I did the same thing with the money he was sent for that following Christmas, as well. Not long after that Christmas, I went to deposit some money I saved up for my son. By this time, my baby had over $1,000 in his account. I was so happy I was going to be able to help him when he got older by being able to pay for at least some of his post-secondary education. When the teller handed back my baby's bank statement book, it read $0.00!!! I was completely stunned! 

I asked what happened to my son's money?!!?? The teller told me the money went to pay for his father's student loan. O.O 

I explained that his father left us, and had never given a penny towards my son's account. She didn't care. They absolutely refused to return my infant son's money to him. 

When I told his father about this, he didn't care either. No surprise there. That money was never returned to my son.

The Royal Bank of Canada is EVIL.

2 comments:

  1. This is really sad.. why they didn't inform your first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they didn't feel they needed to. People don't seem to matter to corporations or businesses much it seems.

      Delete