Monday, 28 October 2013

DIY Business Cards

This is a great way to recycle old Christmas cards, greeting cards or Klenex boxes, stuff like that.
I think this project is best for crafty people, as you wouldn't want to use this if you are a C.E.O. of some financial company. lol
Use a real business card for your template and line it up on the surface of your card or box to cut around it.
So with this complete, you have cut out the base of your business card. Just repeat this as many times as you can on each card and box to cut out as many cards as possible. Don't forget the non-designed side of your card as you can make plain ones, that some people may prefer, just make sure there is no writing on it.
You then print out labels for your business cards. You can buy pre-sized labels if you like, but I went with a solid sheet that I could size the labels myself and cut them out to fit my cards. This way I can use the labels for other projects, too.
So, here I printed out a number of 'cards' on one sheet and the guidelines will help me to cut them out.
And here is the final result, after cutting out and sticking the label to the cut out card. I will be using them at my very first craft sale this weekend coming up. This gives customers the chance to pick out whatever card they like best. :-)


8 comments:

  1. Sweet idea! now I feel really bad about tossing out old cards, not knowing what to do with them - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea! I use mine to create price tags on my items when I take them to craft shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to reuse Christmas cards very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME and PINNED!! I SO need business cards so I can hand them out to people at tag sales, etc.

    ReplyDelete