Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Lamingtons

Yes, I have been baking a lot lately. I'm just spoiling my son who's home from university for the summer. None of it lasts long around here. :-)

Here is the link to the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lamingtons/

This recipe stems from Australia originally. I made some without coconut for my son, as he doesn't like it. I found the icing to be really runny, so you might want to be careful when adding the milk.

The recipe calls for sifting the flour and other items. Don't worry if you don't have a sifter, I was raised to just use a small strainer. It works great.
To sift, just gently shake the strainer side to side and occasionally up and down. There you have it the poor person's sifter. :-)
I did find these a little dry so you might want to have them with a nice cold glass of your favourite kind of milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment