Saturday, 29 June 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Topping

I had never tried this before and found this idea online, so thought I'd give a whirl. If you are looking for it online, they call it puppy chow popcorn. It tastes pretty good and I found it quite filling.

Make a large bowl of popcorn, unless you like your topping thicker, then make a smaller batch. Remove the unpopped kernels before adding the topping.  I used crunchy peanut butter, which gave a bonus of small peanut pieces mixed in.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Topping

1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1/4 cup icing sugar

Put the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a small pot and melt on the stove at a middle-low temperature setting. (On my stove 5 is the middle, so I melted this at 3.) Mix it together until it is all melted and combined.

Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn, stirring to mix it throughout. Sprinkle with icing sugar again stirring the popcorn to coat it as evenly as possible.
Store any leftovers in a container with a lid, to help prevent the popcorn from going stale.




No comments:

Post a Comment