Saturday, 15 June 2013

DIY Layered Haircut

I had one length hair down to my waist and it drove me crazy. haha  Seriously, it was the longest I had ever had my hair and it got caught in everything and was always in the way. At home, I would keep it in a make-shift bun to keep it out of my way. My hair is very thick has a natural wavy curl to it and with it being that long it was straight and very heavy. I missed my curls.

So, one day I had enough and it finally dawned on me that there is probably a Youtube video out there somewhere on how to cut your own hair with a layered look and le voilà I found it! Yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4TaXZcB-lQ

Immediately after watching that video, I jumped in the shower washed my hair and threw my hair into the forward 'ponytail' and chopped it off. What great results! I am so much happier with my hair now and I feel this look suits me better.

 And the best part of all of this is that my haircut was totally free!! Woohoo! (Yes, I am cheap and would normally go to one of those cheap hair salons that rarely give you the haircut you requested or rarely do a good job, so this is great because it turned out awesome and didn't cost me a cent!) happy happy joy joy

I found the front and sides of my hair were a little longer than I liked, so I eventually followed her advice in the video to put the sections I wanted shorter into the front ponytail and cut them shorter, leaving the back a nice length. It worked great. I love the results. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment