Wednesday, 12 June 2013

DIY Jersey Knit

I have an old, falling apart, lime colour t-shirt and I tried doing this cute jersey knit to make bracelets and a head band out of it. This is a great craft for kids to do as it is simple to make. I followed a cute tutorial on youtube to make this:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhFQZg9aCx8

To do the head band I just tied up 6 lengths of t-shirt together rather than just 3 to make it longer and fit around an adult sized head. The head band is great to use to keep your hair back when washing your face or doing make-up, or just to wear to keep your hair out of your face.

The video suggests one inch thick strips to do this and I think two inch thick strips would work well and make it a bit thicker. I used one inch thick strips and found it a little flimsy to work with, but they turned out fine.

Give it a try, they are easy to make and you can give them as gifts if you like. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment